I am happy to announce that adventureswithmylittleray.com has been nominated for a Liebster Award. German for kindest, valued, endearing and welcome, the Liebster award is a little recognition to encourage readers to find new blogs.
Thank you to Lindsay Faria, blogger at letterstodutch.com for the nomination. I first met Lindsay when AJ and I lived in California. Her journey through motherhood is inspiring and beautiful as she navigates life with a 21 month old son named Dutch.
As part of my nomination, I was asked to answer 11 questions about myself and my blog.
- Will you please describe your blog in a few sentences? My blog is about my adventures of being a mommy to a very active almost three year old named Emma while continuing to work as a freelance writer.
- Why do you blog? A writing colleague of mine suggested it as a way to help me break into the parent/child writing market. I originally began it for that reason, but I have come to really enjoy spending a little time each day writing about the things I am passionate about.
- What will your audience gain from reading your posts? Hopefully a few laughs, a few Amen moments and a new perspective on things…
- Where do you see your blog 5 years from now? I never saw myself as a blogger at all let alone as one in the future. I love getting messages from people or talking face to face with someone that has found inspiration from what I write. So, I hope in five years I can still inspire people.
- What have you learned from your blogging experience? I’ve learned how much of a release it is to share my personal struggles and triumphs.
- When you’re not blogging, what are you doing? Well, the majority of my day consists of keeping my almost three year old daughter Emma from climbing everything. I also enjoy writing, reading, sewing and other Pinterest projects, riding my mountain bike, trail running, a good glass of wine or beer and spending time with my husband and Emma.
- Who is your greatest inspiration and why? I don’t think I have any one person that I admire most. I find inspiration from people who follow their passions, who are true to themselves, who aren’t afraid to shed layers in hopes of helping someone else and that love life. The blog I follow the most is http://simpleasthatblog.com/.
- Will you please list 5 items on your Summer 2016 Bucket List? Taking Emma camping for the first time, Running on the beach, Completing an off road duathlon in August, Truly enjoying my last summer in my thirties, Expanding my writing and blog
- If you could eat anything right now, what would it be? Prosciutto, some fresh bread, a variety of cheese and a good glass of red wine. I would follow it up with a Marocchino- my favorite coffee drink made from cocoa powder, Espresso and frothed milk.
- Of all the destinations you’ve traveled, which is your favorite and why? My favorite destination I’ve traveled to has to be the Amalfi Coast of Italy. I spent a week in Italy with AJ and my immediate family. From the history to the food, it was amazing. I can’t wait to take Emma there some day!
- What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream? Chocolate Peanut Butter
Make sure to follow https://adventureswithmylittleray.wordpress.com/, so you can receive emails when a new post is up. Also, I would love to read your comments on similar experiences you have had or how the blog has inspired you.
Now, I need to nominate bloggers I enjoy following. I would like to pass on my nomination to them for the Liebster Award.
- Colby Poppelton from Colby Elizabeth Photography – Inspiration on decorating, capturing moments and delicious eats
- Sarah Hill from Sarah Hill Photography– Representing the simple joys in life- a newborn snuggle, catching frogs with her sons on their farm, the first kiss as newlyweds
- Pamela and Jon Robichaud from Roaming Robos packed up a Sprinter van in March with their pup Penny and are traveling the U.S. riding their bikes and running trails. My bucket list of places to visit keeps growing after seeing their photos and posts.
Rules for nomination:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 3-10 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions of your own
Here are your 11 questions:
- How do you feel about receiving this award?
- Why do you take the time to blog?
- What are your top 2-3 tips for those just starting to blog?
- If you could chose any other profession from what you do now, what would it be and why?
- What do you enjoy doing to relax and unwind?
- If you were stuck on a desert island, what three things would you want to have with you?
- What is one thing most people probably don’t know about you?
- Who would you most like to have dinner with (living or deceased)?
- What five things are on your bucket list for this summer?
- What’s the last picture you took with your phone?
- How do you want to be remembered?
I look forward to reading your answers and seeing your new posts!