I for one love any reason to get outside for some QT with Emma. Outdoors time is so good for the mind, body and soul. On Saturday June 11th, it is National Get Outdoors Day.
From the midwest to the south, cities are planning events to help encourage everyone from babies to seniors to get out and enjoy some Vitamin C. Here is a link to events in Colorado. For events in other states, click here.
Here are some of our simple but favorite ways to spend time outdoors.
- Dig your toes in the sand- At the playground or the water front, building sand castles is a family favoriteBuilding castles on the beach
- Splish splash- Head to the splash pad, swimming pool or even run through the sprinklers at home
- Work for that treat- Stride, ride or scoot to your local ice cream shop Scooting to the local coffee and ice cream shop
- Go on a scavenger hunt- Online you can find pre-made scavenger hunts or make one based on what you can find in your local area.
- Hit the trails- By foot, bike or scooter wheels or even horse, whatever the mode enjoy the sceneryRiding the local trails
- Work on that green thumb- Tend to your garden, plant flowers or find a place to pick berries
- Dine al fresca- Whether it be a packed picnic lunch, at your favorite restaurant or just on your backyard patio, enjoy some fresh air while you eat
Mahi tacos on the back patio
- Make some art- Get out the chalk, water gun paint, create a collage from leaves, flowers etc you find on the ground…
- Enjoy the local music scene- Concerts in the park are often free and a great way to enjoy outdoor time.
- The chase is on- Bubbles, kites, a ball, frisbee or even each other in a game of tag
How will you get outside to celebrate the day?