Going into week four of having a puppy, I have noticed many similarities between having a puppy and those toddler years.
- The rocks, sticks and snack wrappers that are typically in my jacket pockets have been replaced by dog treats and things the puppy shouldn’t be eating (mulch is a big one).
- There is a 50/50 chance I will call Roxy the name Emma especially when the pup is doing something wrong.
- The toddler toys that used to clutter the floor have been replaced by dog toys.
- I still haven’t mastered opening baby gates!
- Just like a toddler, puppies like to put everything in their mouths.
- Sleeping in is a thing of the past!
- Toddler proofing= puppy proofing
- Neither one of them knows how to close the patio door (or Emma just always forgot to).
- The constant saying, “Let’s go potty,” or “Go potty!”
- You go from checking if places are toddler friendly to if they are dog friendly.
Life sure has changed since bringing Roxy home, but certainly for the better! We look forward to lots of adventures, lots of snuggles and lots of fun with her!